About Glenfinnan Station Museum
Still a working railway station, the site offers a unique and hands-on introduction to West Highland railway heritage. The indoor exhibition provides interesting facts and stories about the spectacular Glenfinnan Viaduct and life on the West Highland, while the outdoor exhibits tell the story of a rural Scottish railway station over the last century.
- Visit the Museum Exhibition to find out how the spectacular railway from Glasgow to Mallaig was built, and learn about the men who built it.
- Enjoy the lovingly restored Signal Box and its heritage film studio.
- Turn up for a close-up encounter with the Jacobite steam train.
- Delve into the railway toy chest in the Booking Office.
- Visit the restored Dining Car for scrumptious home baking or a light lunch.
- Stay in the restored Sleeping Car overnight.
- Visit the Gift Shop.
- Enjoy the Woodland, Viaduct and Village Walks.
- Book a guided tour of the heritage site.