BOOK THE SLEEPING CAR HERE…
ABOUT THE SLEEPING CAR
The coach is part of the heritage rolling stock collection at Glenfinnan Station Museum. It was built in 1958 and retains many of its original features but has been converted by the Museum into unique and comfortable bunkhouse accommodation for up to 10 people. It is also available for exclusive hire by the day or week.
It is an ideal base for reaching a number of tourist attractions by public transport, and forms an excellent centre for the mountains and glens of Lochaber, the Rough Bounds, Moidart and Ardgour.
- Twin bunk compartments
- Family room
- Shower and washroom
- Well-equipped kitchen
- Seating area with TV, toy chest and board games
To view a layout plan of the sleeping car click: sleeping car layout
To book your Sleeping Car accommodation
- 1. Click on the calendar icon under the ‘check in’ header and select the date you would like to check availability. Pink indicates unavailable, green indicates availability. If there is availability the page will open indicating which compartments are available. You can then click on which compartment you would like to book and click the number under the ‘select units’ header (in the grey bar) then click on the blue ‘reserve’ button.
- 2. If you would like to request bedding and towels (if you are not bringing your own) select the number of people this would be for, click reserve and continue.
- 3. Enter your name and address details and click on an approximate time of arrival. It’s not a problem if you don’t know what time you will be arriving at this stage; check in is from 2pm onwards, our reception closes at 5pm so if you arrive after this the sleeping car will be open and your compartment can be identified with a name label.
- 4. Click on the box ‘I confirm that I accept the terms and conditions of the booking’ (the terms and conditions are listed at the end of the page) then enter your card details.
If you are booking for exclusive use of the whole carriage you will need to book all compartments (i.e. three twin bunk compartments and the family compartment) then enter the wording: ‘Exclusive use’ in the promo code box which will provide you with the discount. If you are booking for exclusive use for a full week (7 nights) please email for further details: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you do need to cancel your reservation we would be grateful if you could inform us as soon as possible. For cancellations up to 4 weeks before your stay – your payment is refundable less a 20% handling charge. Cancellations within a month of your stay – your payment is non-refundable.
We regret that we cannot accept dogs in the sleeping car unless you are booking the whole carriage for exclusive use; due to the nature of the accommodation and the shared / communal areas it would not be suitable for dogs if there were other guests also staying.
Rates throughout the 2020 season, InclusivE of VAT
- Per compartment (sleeps 2) £35 per night
- £25 for single occupancy (£10 reduction for single occupancy in a compartment)
- Hire of bedding and towels per set £5 (duvet, sheet sleeping bag and towels)
- Family compartment (sleeps 4 – double bed and twin bunk beds) £50
- Exclusive use of whole coach per night £150
- Exclusive use weekly rate (7 nights) including bedding £750
Independent Hostels UK, the largest network of bunkhouses and Hostels in the UK