Due to Covid-19, the Sleeping Car cannot operate as a bunkhouse until all restrictions are completely lifted. The Sleeping Car will currently therefore be available for bookings of the whole carriage to single-household groups only. Pre-existing paid-up bunkhouse bookings will be honoured to the extent possible as per individual agreement.
ABOUT THE SLEEPING CAR
The coach is part of the heritage rolling stock collection at Glenfinnan Station Museum. It was built in 1958 and retains many of its original features but has been converted by the Museum into unique and comfortable accommodation for up to 10 people.
It is an ideal base for reaching a number of tourist attractions by public transport, and forms an excellent centre for the mountains and glens of Lochaber, the Rough Bounds, Moidart and Ardgour.
- Twin bunk compartments
- Family room
- Shower and washroom
- Well-equipped kitchen
- Seating area with TV, toy chest and board games
To view a layout plan of the sleeping car click: sleeping car layout
BOOKING AND CANCELLATION CONDITIONS:
A non-refundable deposit of 25% of the total cost is payable at the time of booking, the remaining balance is payable one week ahead of arrival. We regret that due to uncertainties surrounding coronavirus trading restrictions, we will be unable to refund deposits paid after 1st April 2021 and the remaining balance is non-refundable once paid 7 days before arrival. We would urge you to take out appropriate travel insurance to ensure that you are covered in case of cancellation by either party.
- Price for one or first night: £150 for up to 4 people, plus £10 per person thereafter (sleeps up to 10 people)
- Price for consecutive nights thereafter: £100 for up to 4 people, plus £10 per person thereafter.
- One-off supplement of £5 per person payable for hire of bedding and towels or you can bring your own.
Dogs: Well behaved dogs considered (only one / 2 small due to the limited space in the accommodation); please enquire by email firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.
TO BOOK YOUR SLEEPING CAR ACCOMMODATION:
1. Click on the calendar icon under the ‘check in’ header below and select the date(s) you would like to check availability. (If browsing the calendar – pink indicates unavailable, green indicates availability.) If there is availability for your chosen dates the page will open to then allow you to indicate how many people you are booking for. Then click on the blue ‘reserve’ button once the number of guests has been selected. If you are booking for 2 nights the discount will be calculated automatically and reflected in the deposit amount due. If you are booking for 3 nights please enter the text ‘Third night’ in the promo code box which can be seen at the top right hand of the page (under the language options.) If you wish to book for more than 3 nights please email email@example.com to enable us to apply the further discount.
2. If you would like to request bedding and towels (if you are not bringing your own) select the number of people this would be for, click reserve and continue.
3. Enter your name and address details and click on an approximate time of arrival. It’s not a problem if you don’t know what time you will be arriving at this stage, you can inform us at a later date; check-in is from 4pm onwards.
4. Click on the box ‘I confirm that I accept the terms and conditions of the booking’ (the terms and conditions are listed at the end of the page) then enter your card details (note the 25% deposit amount will be automatically calculated for you)
BOOK THE SLEEPING CAR HERE…
Independent Hostels UK, the largest network of bunkhouses and Hostels in the UK